The Australian Tourism Accreditation Program (ATAP) is a national business development program that is suitable for all businesses types and sizes. As an online program it provides businesses with the necessary tools and resources to not only assist you in updating business policies and procedures, but to provide you with valuable links to business development tools, templates and examples to ensure ongoing sustainability and best practice amongst tourism businesses.
The Tourism Accreditation ‘tick’ logo highlights tourism businesses that are endorsed by the tourism industry as quality assured. Accredited tourism businesses are recognised as professional, ethical and reliable operators, which deliver high quality tourism experiences.
Tourism accreditation has been driven by industry to ensure the ongoing sustainability and best practices of local tourism operators, and identifies a minimum standard in business operation and customer service.
Some of the benefits of being an Accredited Tourism Business include:
- Displaying the ‘tick’ provides a competitive marketing advantage and increased consumer confidence;
- Business tools and templates to assist in best practice management;
- Customer feedback service including supply of postage paid Customer Feedback forms;
- Membership of Tourism Council WA and all associated benefits, including Tourism Industry Card Membership ;
- Services & Discounts with various Tourism Council WA partners including insurance premiums, website development and SEO and China Ready Services etc;
- Support through state and national marketing activities & campaigns, encouraging travellers to ‘Trust the Tick’ and choose an Accredited Tourism Business!
- Ability to utilise the new National Tourism Quality Mark (TQUAL) in your marketing and promotions;
In turn, Accreditation will provide clients and industry colleagues with an assurance that participating businesses are committed to professionalism both in business operations and delivery of service.
Further information about the Australian Tourism Accreditation program can be found at the website http://www.atap.net.au/