The requirements of the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program are detailed in the points below.
Businesses applying for accreditation through the ATAP and required to complete the following information, as applicable to their business size and type.
- Business Details
- Licences & Permits: Confirms your business has all the required licences and permits.
- Insurance Details
- Business Plan: Detail your business history and background, future goals and action plans.
- Marketing Plan: Identify your market and competitors; plan your marketing strategy, goals and budgets.
- Customer Service: Outline your customer service procedures, booking and cancellation policies, customer feedback and complaints handling processes.
- Business Operating Systems: Review and outline your operating systems.
- Human Resource Management: Consider all matters relating to employing or contracting staff, from recruitment to induction and training.
- Risk Management: Implementation of risk management plans, as well as emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Economic Sustainability and Financial Systems: Ensure up-to-date record keeping.
- Environmental Management: Demonstrate your commitment to sustainable environmental practices.
- Social & Cultural Sustainability: Describe howyour business benefits and respects the local community.
- Continuous Improvement: Reflect on your achievements and proposed future actions and innovations.
- Code of Practice, Fees and Final Check