China Ready Accreditation
CHINA READY® is a global accreditation system that identifies products and services that Chinese consumers can trust. The China Ready & Accredited® trademark signifies quality assurance, cultural awareness, consumer protection and respect for Chinese travellers. China Ready & Accredited® is targeted to the free and independent Chinese traveller.
China Ready & Accredited® Standards
The minimum standards to be a China Ready & Accredited® business include:
- Accreditation to Australian standards under the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program.
- Certified staff that have passed CHINA READY® training and assessment .
- 24/7 access to the CHINA READY® helpline or Chinese speaking staff.
- Website page/s accurately translated into Chinese (depending on your business type).
- Customer service information accurately translated into Chinese.
- Specific product standards for: accommodation, attractions, fun & entertainment, food & beverage, shopping & retail and transport and getting around.
China Marketing Benefits
China Ready & Accredited® businesses will be promoted to Chinese customers through:
- Listing on the China Ready & Accredited® China website (in Chinese).
- Listing as China Ready & Accredited® on the China UnionPay website (merchants only).
- Listing as China Ready & Accredited® on trustthetickwa.com.au.
- 10% discount on advertising in the Tourism WA Chinese Holiday Planner.
- 5% discount on participation fees for 2016 & 2017 China Travel Missions.
- 5% discount fee for 2016 & 2017 Ni Hao WA.
- Use of the relevant China ‘Six Sector’ trademarks.
- Use of the China Ready & Accredited® electronic trademark and associated visual merchandise.
- Ability to enter the China Ready® WA Tourism Awards category.
How to Apply
Accredited tourism businesses automatically meet the Australian standards and only need to be assessed for the additional China Ready & Accredited® standards.
To be assessed simply complete the China Ready Accreditation Application and submit to Tourism Council WA. An Industry Advisor will assist you through the China Ready & Accredited® program.
If you are not already an accredited tourism business you can also submit an ATAP Registration Form and complete your tourism and China Ready Accreditation together.
China Ready & Accredited® Fees
China Ready & Accredited® is available to TCWA accredited tourism businesses in Western Australia for the following fees:
The fee tiers are based on the number of Full Time Equivalent (FTE) employees. The fees are per financial year, payable as an additional item on your tourism accreditation invoice.
A listing fee of $290 applies for each additional property, brand or operation in Western Australia managed by the accredited business.
Accommodation chains operating properties in multiple states or overseas will be accredited as a national operation at the standard fee per property.
|No. of FTE Employees||Annual Fee|
|1 - 3||$159.50|
|4 - 8||$159.50|
|9 - 15||$231|
|16 - 25||$319|
|26 - 50||$319|
|51 - 100||$451|
|National chain (per property)||$869|
China Ready & Accredited® is recognised by government and industry agencies:
- China National Tourism Administration
- UnionPay International
- Australian Consumer Competition Commission
- Tourism Australia
- Tourism Western Australia
- Tourism Council WA
- Australian Tourism Accreditation Program Ltd
- Tourism Quality Council Australia
For further information about China Ready & Accredited® please contact an Industry Advisor at Tourism Council WA on (08) 9416 0700 or email email@example.com.
Chocolate Drops Tearooms which is located within the Yanchep National Park has experienced an enormous increase of Chinese visitors in recent months, management truly believe that the China Ready & Accredited Program is truly working! I encourage any Accredited Tourism Operators/Businesses to participate in the China Ready & Accredited® program offered by Tourism Council WA, a very worthwhile opportunity!
Sue Dash, Proprietor of Chocolate Drops.
WA launched as world first CHINA READY® destination
WA tourism businesses have seized a unique opportunity to tap into the booming Chinese outbound tourism market, with the State becoming Australia’s first to qualify as a CHINA READY destination.
The announcement was made in front of a quarter of a million travel agents and tourism industry representatives at the China National Tourism Administration (CNTA) & Tianjin Government China Tourism Industries Exposition.
While in China for the launch, Tourism Council WA CEO Evan Hall was interview for Xinhua – click here to see the video.