China Ready Accreditation
CHINA READY® is a global accreditation system that identifies products and services that Chinese consumers can trust. The China Ready & Accredited® trademark signifies quality assurance, cultural awareness, consumer protection and respect for Chinese travellers. China Ready & Accredited® is targeted to the free and independent Chinese traveller.
China Ready & Accredited® Standards
The minimum standards to be a China Ready & Accredited® business include:
- Accreditation to Australian standards under the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program.
- Certified staff that have passed CHINA READY® training and assessment .
- 24/7 access to the CHINA READY® helpline or Chinese speaking staff.
- Website page/s accurately translated into Chinese (depending on your business type).
- Customer service information accurately translated into Chinese.
- Specific product standards for: accommodation, attractions, fun & entertainment, food & beverage, shopping & retail and transport & getting around.
China Marketing Benefits
China Ready & Accredited® businesses will be promoted to Chinese customers through:
- Listing on the China Ready & Accredited® China website (in Chinese)
- Listing as China Ready & Accredited® on the China UnionPay website (merchants only)
- Listing as China Ready & Accredited® on trustthetickwa.com.au
- 10% discount on participation fees for 2018 and 2019 Tourism WA China Travel Mission
- 10% discount on Tourism WA China trade events
- Use of the relevant China ‘Six Sector’ trademarks
- Use of the China Ready & Accredited® electronic trademark and associated visual merchandise
- Ability to enter the China Ready® WA Tourism Awards category
How to Apply
Accredited tourism businesses automatically meet the Australian standards and only need to be assessed for the additional China Ready & Accredited® standards.
To be assessed simply complete the China Ready Accreditation Application and submit to Tourism Council WA. An Industry Advisor will assist you through the China Ready & Accredited® program.
If you are not already an accredited tourism business, click the Join button on the top right of this page, fill out the form and complete payment. An Industry Advisor will assist you through the online Accreditation Program.
China Ready & Accredited® Fees
China Ready & Accredited® is available to TCWA accredited tourism businesses in Western Australia for the following fees:
The fee tiers are based on the number of Full Time Equivalent (FTE) employees. The fees are per financial year, payable as an additional item on your tourism accreditation invoice.
A listing fee of $290 applies for each additional property, brand or operation in Western Australia managed by the accredited business.
Accommodation chains operating properties in multiple states or overseas will be accredited as a national operation at the standard fee per property.
|No. of FTE Employees||Annual Fee|
|1 - 3||$159.50|
|4 - 8||$159.50|
|9 - 15||$231|
|16 - 25||$319|
|26 - 50||$319|
|51 - 100||$451|
|National chain (per property)||$869|
China Ready & Accredited® is recognised by government and industry agencies:
- China National Tourism Administration
- UnionPay International
- Australian Consumer Competition Commission
- Tourism Australia
- Tourism Western Australia
- Tourism Council WA
- Australian Tourism Accreditation Program Ltd
- Tourism Quality Council Australia
For further information about China Ready & Accredited® please contact an Industry Advisor at Tourism Council WA on (08) 9416 0700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chocolate Drops Tearooms which is located within the Yanchep National Park has experienced an enormous increase of Chinese visitors in recent months, management truly believe that the China Ready & Accredited Program is truly working! I encourage any Accredited Tourism Operators/Businesses to participate in the China Ready & Accredited® program offered by Tourism Council WA, a very worthwhile opportunity!
Sue Dash, Proprietor of Chocolate Drops.
WA launched as world first CHINA READY® destination
WA tourism businesses have seized a unique opportunity to tap into the booming Chinese outbound tourism market, with the State becoming Australia’s first to qualify as a CHINA READY destination.
The announcement was made in front of a quarter of a million travel agents and tourism industry representatives at the China National Tourism Administration (CNTA) & Tianjin Government China Tourism Industries Exposition.
While in China for the launch, Tourism Council WA CEO Evan Hall was interviewed for Xinhua – click here to see the video.