Tourism Boost Mentoring Program: Online & International Bookings
The Tourism Boost Online & International Bookings Program is a FREE mentoring program funded through Tourism Western Australia as part of the federal government’s national Tourism Demand Driver Infrastructure Program. Through a process of one-on-one mentoring, this program aims to improve the growth of WA tourism businesses to sell their product online and introduce new WA tourism product to international markets.
Tourism Boost is designed to assist tourism businesses at various levels of market readiness across the state and is delivered in two streams:
1) Boost Online Bookings
Discover how to promote your product and reach millions of potential customers by making your online tools do the work for you!
2) Boost International Bookings
Expand your markets and increase revenue by targeting the international customer through traditional international marketing activities.
Who should apply:
Brand new or established tourism businesses of all sizes who are looking to diversify their income stream and are interested in learning more about how to better distribute their product online and/or engage with international markets.
Any tourism and hospitality business can apply to participate in the Tourism Boost Online & International Bookings Program, however businesses are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Currently accredited or registered to complete accreditation through the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program (ATAP).
- Have a listing or in the process of obtaining a listing on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse.
*Tourism Businesses with extensive industry experience and international distribution are not eligible to receive mentoring through this program.
After completing an Expression of Interest form, the next step is to work through a custom built diagnostic tool with one of our Specialist Industry Advisors (mentor). Upon completion of the diagnostic your mentor will prepare a detailed online and/or international marketing action plan and work with you to help give your business the TOURISM BOOST it needs.
What do I have to commit to?
You will need to show commitment in the following areas:
- TIME – Completing all the actions assigned to you will take time, but these recommendations could be critical to the future success of your business. Each action is itemised with easy to follow instructions designed to help you complete them in your own time, we've even ordered them by priority to create a simple step by step task list.
- ADVICE - Your mentor is then able to assist and help you to complete your action items. Our Specialist Industry Advisors have years of experience in the tourism industry and are keen to share that knowledge with you. Each business will be allocated up to 15 hours of mentoring.
- MARKETING SPEND - There is no financial commitment required to be a part of Tourism BOOST, the service is fully funded under the TDDI program. However, as you work through your action items some suggestions may require marketing spend. We really try to keep your expenses down and opt for activities that give you the best bang for buck so to speak, but as you know sometimes you do have to spend money to make money.
How do I apply?
To participate in the program, tourism businesses must first complete an expression of interest to enter the selection process. Businesses must be registered on the ATAP Online Program to complete the online expression of interest. Log into your ATAP online account and follow the prompts to register for the Tourism Boost program. You will then be notified upon submission of your EOI if you have been selected to participate in the program.
If you are not yet registered online with ATAP or are experiencing difficulties accessing your account please contact your industry advisor on 08 9416 0700 or email accreditation@tourismcouncilwa