2020 Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards - Business Awards
The Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards recognises businesses, individuals and destinations for their commitment to excellence, providing a platform to review achievements and innovation, and an opportunity to raise their profile among the industry and consumers.
Benefits of entering the WA Tourism Awards
The Perth Airport Western Australian Tourism Awards, presented by Tourism Council WA, have been recognising and rewarding business excellence, innovation and professionalism in tourism for 49 years. Entrants receive support throughout the process alongside a range of benefits, including:
- An opportunity to review business goals and record successes over the past 12 months;
- Raise their profile by receiving public recognition of their achievements;
- Ensure business growth and development;
- Benchmark against industry competitors;
- Examine the productivity of marketing activities; and
- The opportunity to represent Western Australia at the National Tourism Awards.
New in 2020
The Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards program, as part of the Australian Tourism Awards, is continually reviewed and updated to ensure it remains relevant and contemporary. The changes for this year’s program are:
• Revised question set for most categories;
• Word count for categories 1 to 25 reduced to maximum 10,000 words;
• Introduction of Star Rating standard for 3 – 3.5 Accommodation, 4 – 4.5 Star Deluxe Accommodation, 5 Star Luxury Accommodation. Category names have been amended accordingly;
• Name changes to Specialised Tourism Services category (now Tourism Retail & Hire Services) and Destination Marketing (now Tourism Marketing & Campaigns); and
• Introduction of Online Review (5 points), which will review the entrant’s website, social media channels, search engine optimisation and external listing sources.