EcoStar Accreditation is for operators that demonstrate a level of environmental management over and above the requirements of the Quality Tourism Framework.
EcoStar Accreditation is a tool to assist businesses in achieving environmental sustainability and to recognise a business’s commitment to environmental management.
The standards to be an EcoStar Accredited business include:
- Managing impact and disturbance on the environment.
- Contributing to conservation and sustainability.
- Effective interpretation through the promotion, communication and delivery of product.
- Establishing an environmental risk management strategy.
- Supporting and benefiting the local community.
- Recognition of the cultural & heritage issues of the area.
EcoStar Accredited businesses will:
- Meet the Department of Parks and Wildlife’s requirements for 3,5,7 & 10-year licences.
- Promote and encourage best practice.
- Be recognised as proactive in applying environmental best practice.
How to Apply
EcoStar Accreditation can potentially be obtained by most business sectors, not only those which are focused on the natural environment.
Businesses accredited through the Quality Tourism Framework automatically meet the required tourism business standards and only need to be assessed for the EcoStar standards.
To be assessed simply contact an Industry Advisor at Tourism Council WA on (08) 9416 0700 or email email@example.com who will assist you through the EcoStar Accreditation.
Under the new Nature-Based Tourism reforms all commercial Nature-Based Tourism Operators in WA are now required to obtain Tourism Accreditation to access Department of Parks & Wildlife (DPaW) managed lands and waters.
For further information about the EcoStar Module please contact an Industry Advisor at Tourism Council WA on (08) 9416 0700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org