The new seating capacity at Optus Stadium means AFL matches can attract thousands of new interstate visitors to WA during the annual AFL season. In the 2018 AFL season, more than 66,000 people, including over 30,000 interstate visitors, travelled to Perth to watch the football, spending approximately $66 million.
At the upcoming AFL Tourism Workshop, hear from Tourism WA on what the research reveals about the AFL tourist; Distinctly Tourism Management on how to participate in AFL tourism through wholesalers and packaging; VenuesLive for an update on Optus Stadium; and social media expert Meg Coffey (Coffey & Tea) on how to leverage social media to reach travellers.
This workshop will cover:
- Understanding the AFL tourist;
- Identifying opportunities to market your business to these travellers;
- How to set up Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns;
- How and what to hashtag;
- Which clubs especially attract travellers and how to target them;
- How your business can make the most of social media advertising; and
- Basic social media and SEO best practices, tips & tricks.
- Jan 31, 2019
- 09:00 - 12:00
Metro Hotel Perth
61 Canning HighwaySouth Perth WA 6151Australia
- REGISTRATION DATE: (Open - Close)
- Dec 17, 2018 - Jan 25, 2019