This workshop is presented in partnership with City of Stirling.
Did you know that even prior to COVID-19, the domestic market was Western Australia’s largest source of visitation?
This workshop will discuss key target segments and take a look at the benefits of online distribution, packaging and collaboration to ensure your product is not just highly visible but also enticing to the intrastate market. We will review the interstate market and provide you with some useful steps to follow to make sure you are prepared for the return of interstate business.
Topics will include:
- Key research and insights about Domestic travel around Australia
- Western Australia’s intrastate visitors. Who are they? Where do they travel to? What are their top motivators to travel?
- Intrastate visitation within your region/town
- The value of working with key stakeholders
- Tailoring your product to suit the domestic visitor
- The importance of online and offline distribution
- Packaging and Bundling your products to showcase your destination
Sunset Coast Rate Terms & Conditions
- Only one person per business is eligible for the discounted Sunset Coast rate. Other people from the business are welcome to attend at the member or non-member rate.
- A business can select a maximum of two workshops from the six available Sunset Coast workshops at the discounted Sunset Coast rate. Businesses are welcome to attend more workshops at the member or non-member rate.
- Only tourism and hospitality businesses are eligible for the discounted Sunset Coast rate.
ABOUT THE TRAINER - KAREN PRIEST
Karen Priest’s extensive career spans 30 years' in the tourism and hospitality sector in the United Kingdom, South Africa, New Zealand and Western Australia. She has served on several tourism industry boards and committees, including Tourism Council Western Australia (TCWA), and is known for developing and implementing strong growth strategies using her effective leadership, sales, marketing, communication and presentation skills.
Karen is the Principal of Smart Tourism, a boutique marketing consultancy which provides strategic solutions and advice to the tourism industry. She has an extensive hotel management background and gained significant destination marketing and management experience working in senior roles with various regional, state and national tourism agencies.
With her passion for tourism marketing and helping businesses succeed she is highly regarded by the industry as a specialist in her field.
Tourism Council WA is working with our partner venues to ensure best practice hygiene and social distancing practices are adhered to during this workshop. If you are feeling unwell or have recently returned from interstate or overseas please do not attend this workshop.
- Dec 08, 2020
- 13:30 - 16:30
Scarboro Surf Life Saving Club
163 The EsplanadeScarborough WA 6019Australia
- REGISTRATION DATE: (Open - Close)
- Oct 26, 2020 - Dec 04, 2020