This workshop is presented in partnership with City of Joondalup.
How do you reach the media to be able to tell your story that your audience wants to hear? How has social media changed the PR space? In this workshop, learn how to create a public profile for your business from a tourism media and PR specialist.
Topics covered in the workshop include:
- How to create a PR plan and define your objectives
- Generating publicity
- How to write a media release that gets results
- Managing negative publicity – the do’s and don’ts
- How to get your message to the media
- Using social media for media relations
- Media monitoring and measuring the results
- Hosting media
- Managing influencers
- Crisis management
Sunset Coast Rate Terms & Conditions
- Only one person per business is eligible for the discounted Sunset Coast rate. Other people from the business are welcome to attend at the member or non-member rate.
- A business can select a maximum of two workshops from the six available Sunset Coast workshops at the discounted Sunset Coast rate. Businesses are welcome to attend more workshops at the member or non-member rate.
- Only tourism and hospitality businesses are eligible for the discounted Sunset Coast rate.
ABOUT THE TRAINER - KAREN PRIEST
Karen Priest’s extensive career spans 30 years' in the tourism and hospitality sector in the United Kingdom, South Africa, New Zealand and Western Australia. She has served on several tourism industry boards and committees, including Tourism Council Western Australia (TCWA), and is known for developing and implementing strong growth strategies using her effective leadership, sales, marketing, communication and presentation skills.
Karen is the Principal of Smart Tourism, a boutique marketing consultancy which provides strategic solutions and advice to the tourism industry. She has an extensive hotel management background and gained significant destination marketing and management experience working in senior roles with various regional, state and national tourism agencies.
With her passion for tourism marketing and helping businesses succeed she is highly regarded by the industry as a specialist in her field.
Tourism Council WA is working with our partner venues to ensure best practice hygiene and social distancing practices are adhered to during this event. If you are feeling unwell or have recently returned from interstate or overseas please do not attend this workshop.
- Nov 26, 2020
- 08:30 - 12:30
Quality Resort Sorrento Beach
1 Padbury CircleSorrento WA 6020Australia
- REGISTRATION DATE: (Open - Close)
- Nov 03, 2020 - Nov 24, 2020