WA Tourism Awards
The Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards recognises businesses, individuals and destinations for their commitment to excellence, providing a platform to review achievements and innovation, and an opportunity to raise their profile among the industry and consumers.
Benefits of entering the WA Tourism Awards
The Perth Airport Western Australian Tourism Awards, presented by Tourism Council WA, have been recognising and rewarding business excellence, innovation and professionalism in tourism for 49 years. Entrants receive support throughout the process alongside a range of benefits, including:
- An opportunity to review business goals and record successes over the past 12 months;
- Raise their profile by receiving public recognition of their achievements;
- Ensure business growth and development;
- Benchmark against industry competitors;
- Examine the productivity of marketing activities; and
- The opportunity to represent Western Australia at the National Tourism Awards.
Below are the key dates for the Business Categories, Individual Categories and GWN7 Top Tourism Town Awards, all which now sit under the Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards program.
GWN7 Top Tourism Town Categories
The Top Tourism Town Categories recognise destinations’ dedication to tourism and visitor servicing, with nominations accepted from Accredited Visitor Centres on behalf of a town.
- Nominations Open – March 2
- Nominations Close – April 20
- Submissions Due – May 18
The Top Tourism Town Awards will be presented at the 2020 WA Tourism Conference Dinner on Wednesday, August 19.
The Individual Categories are open to individuals working within the tourism industry, with nominations accepted from tourism businesses employing a nominated individual.
- Nominations Open – March 9
- Nominations Close – April 20
- Submissions Due – 1 June
The Individual Awards will be presented at the 2020 WA Tourism Conference Dinner on Wednesday, August 19.
The Business Categories recognise and reward business excellence, innovation and professionalism, with nominations accepted from any tourism business.
- Nominations Open – March 16
- Nominations Close – May 5
- Submissions Due – July 28
The Business Awards will be presented at the 2020 Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards Gala Dinner on Saturday, November 7.
New in 2020
The Perth Airpot WA Tourism Awards program, as part of the Australian Tourism Awards, is continually reviewed and updated to ensure it remains relevant and contemporary. The changes for this year’s program are:
- Revised question set for most categories;
- Word count for categories 1 to 25 reduced to maximum 10,000 words;
- Introduction of Star Rating standard for 3 – 3.5 Accommodation, 4 – 4.5 Star Deluxe Accommodation, 5 Star Luxury Accommodation. Category names have been amended accordingly;
- Name changes to Specialised Tourism Services category (now Tourism Retail & Hire Services) and Destination Marketing (now Tourism Marketing & Campaigns); and
- Introduction of Online Review (5 points), which will review the entrant’s website, social media channels, search engine optimisation and external listing sources.